Dead Duratec

Wenn du mit den Ford Cougar V6 & R4 Motoren, Getrieben, Abgasanlagen sowie deren Anbauteilen Probleme hast, ist dieser Forums-Abschnitt goldrichtig

Blackadder
Lehrling
Baujahr: 2000
Motor: V6

Bild

Themenstarter
southern_coug

No problem :vanish:

Themenstarter
Freebird

Blackadder
At the risk of seeming to be difficult (and I hesitate to say this), but arent US quarts different to UK (Imperial) quarts :/

Themenstarter
juliocougar

I believe a US quart is equal to one of your "Pints" down at the local Pub.
:lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:

Blackadder
Lehrling
Baujahr: 2000
Motor: V6

Freebird hat geschrieben:Blackadder
At the risk of seeming to be difficult (and I hesitate to say this), but arent US quarts different to UK (Imperial) quarts :/
Oh no, now I'm totally confused :/ :roll: :)
Bild

Themenstarter
Freebird

southern_coug hat geschrieben:I'll cross my fingers for you to get the pump replaced on warranty.
It's pretty interesting what Terry Haines said.
How did you get in touch with him? We should try to convince him to join the Euro-NECO board :D
You can find Terry at www.fordcontour.org where he is a moderator on the forums.
There is a thread running there regarding the problem I have at www.fordcontour.org/fcoforums/showthread.php?t=3896
To see Terrys credentials you would have to register at fordeurope.net, log on, go to 'discontinued models, ford cougar and go to 'Questions about the Duratec V6, Zetec, Cougar or Mondeo?' for Terry Haines info and also 'Want to see the original Porsche Duratec?' for an interesting thread.

Themenstarter
Freebird

I will try to cut to the chase here. Basically my cat is back with me with a new engine.

First thing is Terry Haines was 100% correct and the Ford dealer who did the work said he had seen others the same, nothing to do with oil starvation, its conrods and spun bearings.
I hassled Ford a little over this and although my car was just out of warranty (but had FSH) they offered to pay 50%, I accepted. Total cost was £3k and I had to pay £1,500. Took 10 days to source the engine.
Only had the car a day but so far it looks like they did a good job, the engine is sweet.
I cant thank Terry enough, I have an idea his input may have swung it for me, and Ford have been good also I have to say, checking with me to see if I am happy with the work.

Themenstarter
southern_coug

Good to hear that everything is fine now and that Ford paid a 50% of it. :up:
Antworten